|Web pages are displayed best using HTML code.|
- HTML code is expressed as "tags."
- HTML tags are typed as text.
- HTML tags always begin with a left bracket (<)
and end with a rignt brackt (>), as shown above.
- Most HTML tag sequences require an opening tag,
and a closing tag. Closing tags are preceded with a
forward slash (/), as shown above.
- HTML files are saved as text files with the .html extension.
- HTML files are created with applications that can save a file
in text format, such as NOTEPAD, WORDPAD, MSWORD, etc.
- It is the HTML tags that tell the browser how to
display the text on a web page.
- Title tags are part of the head in an HTML document.
Text that appears between the opening and closing head tags
is not displayed by a browser.
- HTML tags can be written in either upper or lower case.
Click here to see how to put text into a web page.
Click here to return to the Introduction page.